Vero 4K + shipment details (08/08/18)

It’s quite easy to obtain a refund if you are not satisfied with the shipping delay.

1 Like

Quite – you can email support@osmc.tv with your order # to receive the refund if you do not wish to wait any longer.

I’m sorry for the delays. I’m doing everything I can to expedite things; but customs clearance processes are limiting.

1 Like

So started shipping two weeks ago. With making 1800/day, all the sold units should be produced by now.

Being delayed a week due to customs makes it sound like you’re importing 10 at a time.

We’re importing 5,000 devices a time.

We have produced enough devices to satisfy all device’s sold to date; but we are not importing them quickly enough.

My understanding is that a senior customs officer at a rail port has been arrested and an investigation has been launched. This was regarding the officer taking bribes to import counterfeit goods or goods declared at low values to avoid taxes. The EU have increased checks at these ports and this is slowing down imports for all manufacturers using this method of shipment.

So for now, we have to wait until this moves:

Roughly translates as being in line for clearance.

We are mitigating it by importing some devices by air too.

It’s more than a week as explained in my first post.

That’s how many we can ship a day, not produce a day.

Sam

I’m as impatient as the rest of us.

But let’s face the facts here: Sam has been open about EXACTLY what is going on here, and you have two choices:

1.) Just hurry up and wait (as I will do).

2.) Request a refund.

I mean, what else are people expecting here? Madness…

7 Likes

I’m completely new to OSMC/Vero. I put out a forum post on another website Sun 12th August to ask advice as to a possible upgrade to my ageing Raspberry Pi 2 (model b) running Kodi. I wanted something that could play 4K content across the network. Someone suggested the Vero 4K+ as it had just been released and it was well supported. Never heard of it before but did a quick bit of reading and saw the hugely positive comments people had about the Vero 4K. I noticed that the 4K+ had only just been released and had a discounted price of £99 so I quickly placed my order (what great timing to find out about the device). I placed my order on 12th August and didn’t realise there was a back order, I was hoping to have received it within a couple of days but I’ve just read the delays with customs etc.

From what I’ve read, this device seems worth waiting for so I’ve no intention of cancelling my order. However, any rough idea for when I’m likely to receive my device (I’m in the UK).

Also, does the order number correlate to my position in the queue? My order number is in the nineteen thousands (if that helps).

TIA

Is this a more reliable method to get a rough ETA with? As luck would have it you might end up getting them at the same time as your customs order is released! I’m really looking forward to getting my device now after having success for many years with an RPi 3. I’m yearning for 4k content now!

1 Like

Imports by air are processed by customs at Stansted. UK clearance times are much faster at the moment, so this would avoid the backlog and rigorous EU checks at the rail port.

I’m hoping to build a tool which will allow a customer to receive a guide dispatch date. I need to take delivery of more units first however.

Thanks for your patience

Sam

2 Likes

thanks for the update Sam, looking forward to getting my 4k+ for the kidsroom, also I will compare it to my Nvidia Shield :slight_smile:

Sam,

Thank you for being so upfront and helpful with explaining the situation.

Vero 4K and OSMC is a fantastic solution, and the community and support and contribution from Sam and team are second to none. Myself and family have been very happy customers for years, and plan to be for many more years to come.

I’m used to ordering components from China. For me waiting 6, 10, 12 weeks is not unusual. And if I ever ask where is my delivery, all I ever get is ‘please be patient’.

So, I’ve no problem waiting for my Vero 4K+.
Keep up the great work Sam and team :slight_smile:

Thanks.
Best regards,
Niall.

4 Likes

I place two order: 4th of August and 7th of August (in 3 days)
I receive two email about delay in delivery 8 th of August and … Yes next one 11th August.

Till now your store did not inform customer about delay. Why?
Is this means, all who place order now will receive it immediately, but we, who place order earlier became your funder and should wait?
If not, you should inform your new customer about expected delay in delivery!

2 Likes

Hi

We will be shipping in order of purchase date. So if someone orders a device today, it ships after yours.

The website banner does mention that there are shipping delays. There is also an email sent after an order has been placed to keep the customer informed.

Your order isn’t funding anything. Everything is paid up. We are just waiting to take delivery of these units.

I hope this clears things up

Sam

2 Likes

Which deliveries of which order period will be served with the next delivery. Can you already say that? With this information, customers can see when it’s your turn to expect their Vero.

Looks like i’ll be taking the the trusty and never used in the last 3yrs WDTV, on holidays with me, it actually has netflix on it and it still works… it is horrible and slow but it’s great for 1080p.

I think I ordered my vero4k+ on the 25th July… never really occurred to me that it may show up soon-ish? @sam_nazarko

I ordered on the 23rd, we are not even close. I’ll let you know once I get a tracking #.

Looks like nobody is close :frowning:

@sam_nazarko - is it possible (as has been asked further up in this thread) to at least let people know which date range(s) are in which batch so we have some sort of indication (i.e. batch 1 = orders between June 10th and 25th July @ 13:00, batch 2 = 25th July 13:01 - 28th July @ 11:00 etc).

The next batch that comes through will allow us to fulfill all orders up to 15th August (when combined with air). Then a batch is shortly behind that and will bring us up to date.

I am still waiting for customs clearance. On 8th August, I was told about 10 working days, although that is a guess. I’m hoping we see clearance of the next batch this week. Will keep you posted.

Sam

6 Likes

Thanks for that info Sam!

I’m not in a hurry, but it’s still a relief to know that my order is for sure included in those batches.

Thanks for the update Sam.