Vero V soft launch

My transfer went through yesterday, but order still says on hold?

order #43111

Payment hasn’t shown up for that order yet. Once it does, it will be marked as Processing.

FYI. I am in the US and processed my order transfer via Chase. The transfer was 2 days due to a holiday in the UK. The fee for ordering 3 Vero Vs was $5 USD. The process was very simple once I had all the correct information. I did the transfer via chase.com in a few minutes. Shipping time from the UK to the US was less than a week.

Thank you for the prompt shipment of the Vero V. Looking forward to start using them soon :-).

Transferring money from the EU to the UK with the house bank can really be an adventure.

The fees were within limits for me, an additional 12€ from the bank. Curiously, I had to pay 2€ something customs and 6€ lump sum from DHL, just for those customs costs…

However, the bank had cluttered up the “purpose” line, making it difficult for Sam to see the order number.

Not too long ago, a transfer from me in the UK was declined for unknown reasons. I was charged over 70€ (!) for the cancellation and the return transfer.

It is absurd that of all things money transfer is so rigid and non-transparent.

Anyway, before the real launch of the Vero V, both sides will need a lot of patience and understanding.

I, for one, am very satisfied with the Vero V so far. I will test it extensively this weekend, but the boot and scrape times alone are impressive.

Did you have Vero4K+ before Vero V?
If yes, could you please outline some of the differences/improvements you noticed in your usage apart from boot times? Is the UI snappier? Picture quality?
Already have a Vero4k+ as daily driver and trying to figure out if I need the upgrade…

Thanks

I had a Vero4K non + from around 2016.
It died some weeks ago, something with the power socket.

I haven’t had much time to test yet. Scraping movies and series was considerably faster, as I mentioned.

I would estimate that the picture and sound quality have not changed significantly regarding 4K and FullHD. According to my understanding of the matter, this should also only partly be due to the hardware of the player, if this is basically sufficient (open for corrections at any time).

There are two things that I have not been able to solve quickly: In addition to the familiar Kodi UI sounds, which I immediately turned off, there is a confirmation sound that still sounds. Could have something to do with the skin, Aeon Silvo.
And I must have a loose contact somewhere in my USB 3.0 hub chain. When I open the file manager, the Vero reacts bitchy to it and turns the loading circle very long until an error message appears.
The two phenomena have explicitly nothing to do with the Vero itself and are probably quickly solved by me.

When I have been able to test it more thoroughly and have the nerve, I will give an opinion in the review thread when the opportunity arises. At the moment, I am happy to have the latest device generation, but a change was not necessary for my usage scenario (the defect aside).

1 Like

Thanks for your input… appreciate it…

Someone made the comment some time back to the effect of the Vero V being an evolution rather than a revolution. I think this is a pretty fair assessment. For most A/V content the previous models already had done a really good job of presenting the content so the room for improvement there is limited to some extent. There is better HDR conversion but this is of little concern to someone not trying to play HDR content on a non-HDR display. There is significantly more processing speed so this allows for more freedom in software decoding formats if you run into this limitation now. Networking is faster and along with USB 3 this can be of great benefit to people who, for example, have storage directly attached to their player and transfer files via networking. With an ext4 formatted drive I measured a sustained 95MB/s from a Windows 10 PC (wired connection on both ends) which is at least five times what is typical than from a 4K+ IIRC. I can tell you I’ve used mine every day for two months now and it has felt like a really nice upgrade even though it is mostly the same thing playing the same stuff as my old Vero.

2 Likes

We have AV1, HDCP2.2 and Widevine L1 as evolutionary factors

The rest is just continued refinement.

2 Likes

I’ve had 4 Vero 4K+ units for a number of years. I’ve swapped out 2 of them so far for Vero Vs. I’ve posted a couple of initial observations on this post and this post.

Overall playback has been very smooth, including testing 4K UHD full bitrate video files. A good test is how fast it respond to FF/RW commands. Note this playback testing is over HTTP leveraging the Mezzmo server and not SMB shares. The Vero V was very quick and no lags. Overall it feels much snappier than the Vero 4K+.

I tested John Wick 2 UHD full bitrate over 5ghz wireless with the Vero V including downscaling to 1080P for my monitor. Video playback was flawless. I did a lot of FF, RW and jumping. In almost every instance the result was instant. A couple of times I could get it to pause for a second or two on large consecutive jumps but playback restarted perfectly. In these couple of instances I was smashing the forward arrow 6-7 times quickly. John Wick 2 is a great stress test UHD high bitrate video.

2 Likes

I haven’t kept up too much with Vero V. I just saw this.

I assume soft-launch Vero 5 hardware will be exactly the same as the hard-launch Vero 5 hardware?

Yes.

Sadly we’re out of stock until 18th September. If you have already placed an order, then not to worry, stock has been allocated.

Thanks for your understanding

Thanks! Ordered (last night) and just sent the wire!

Hi everyone, is the maximum number of orders reached already? i can’t place the order @ the moment :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

We still have stock allocated to those that have ordered. We are still packaging in advance of the proper launch so that we can keep on top of things.

This is just a precaution to make sure we don’t get swamped with orders and disappoint customers. We’re trying to keep dispatch times 1-2 days max after payment is received.

Received mine today , however when pairing I see there is no usb remote receiver as in the vero4k.

Trying to pair remote and no luck .

Ok never mind , had to remove plastic from battery