Vero4k Remote suddenly stopped working

Hi there, since this morning, whatever how many new batteries i put in, the Vero 4k remote stopped working.
Any ideas/workaround?

• Remove the USB from Vero 4K / Pi
  • Hold Home and OK button for 5 seconds or so, then the blue LED will keep flashing.
  • Plug in the USB receiver and the LED should flash 3 times after 5 seconds, indicating successful pairing.
  • Power off Vero 4K / Pi for 2 minutes. Turn it back on. The remote should now work.

Hi Sam,
unfortunately i’m stuck at stage 2 when holding home and OK button : nothings happens… no blue LED flashing

Can you please upload some logs so we can see if the receiver is being detected?

Sam

Just to be sure we’re talking about the right location of the blue LED, see Pairing the Original Black OSMC RF Remote Control with a Pi/Vero2/4k/4k+

How do I do that?

Regarding logs:

Depending on the used skin you have to set the settings-level to standard or higher, in summary:

• enable debug logging at settings->system->logging

• reboot the OSMC device twice(!)

• upload the log set (all configs and logs!) either using the Log Uploader method within the My OSMC menu in the GUI or the ssh method invoking command grab-logs -A

• publish the provided URL from the log set upload, here

OSMC skin screenshot:

Exactly, there is no blue led flashing on the remote. I used 3 new batteries, nothing. It seems that the remote just stopped working for no reason

How do i do that without the remote and being able to access the osmc UI?

There is a metal cramp visible at the battery slot, could you check whether this clip has contact to the battery?

Then you need to use the ssh method mentioned in the instructions.

Yes there is

Here you are : https://paste.osmc.tv/okiwadugas

This could help to access the Vero via ssh or use a usb keyboard instead the remote control: Accessing the command line - General - OSMC

Was the dongle for the remote plugged in when you generated that log?

yes

I can access the Vero 4k box with the Kore app in Android, so the box is working fine i guess

I wasn’t seeing the dongle popup in the log. Have you tried plugging it into a different port?
Disregard. It is in your logs but I was only searching for the last two models of remotes not realizing you have the version with the ff/rw buttons. Sorry about that.

Did you discover something or the reason why it’s not working?

@spritchou From the logs the dongle looks to be OK. So, from my point of view there are 3 possible reasons:

1. all batteries you tested were dead
  2. there is a contact issue (see picture attached; be very carefully if you should try to bend the metal clip/cramp towards the center of the battery slot!!! I’m not responsible if you break it!)
  3. the remote is simply defect

No idea how old is this remote, this is a warranty case or you simply should order a new OSMC remote in the shop (in case you cannot get it to work, again).