Vero4k thermal shutdown

osmc@vero4k:~$ cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp 
cat: /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp: Invalid argument

No idea what broke it, but before the update it was showing the temperature.

[edit] thought you meant showing the temp in Kodi would be broken, but apperantly also through commandline. [/edit]

No – temperature reporting is not available at the moment

Sam

It just crashed again, I rebooted and it was around 90 degrees celcius. With Estuary.
I must admit temperatures are higher than usual in Belgium around 27c inside, but still annoying.

Does the unit get good ventilation?

Hi,

Have you tried the update Sam posted a couple days ago? I only ask:

Thanks Tom.

Indeed. If @kim.clerckx has updated he will have no temp info

I’ll give it some more room to breathe but I wonder how the veros from people in hot countries survive ?
This little thingy might be too small for its own good :slight_smile:

We don’t have many complaints. It can depend on workload and positioning though.

You can try the improved kernel as suggested above. Results seem quite positive.

Sam

FYI about the equipment in a hot country.

I ran the Vero for 2 hours this evening and monitored the temperature on the top of the case directly in contact with the logo

Room Temp 29.3 deg
Highest Temp at the measuring point 39.7 deg
Video file .mkv 1080p with 5.1 audio

I am running with Confluence skin as I rather l have fond memories of my X Box and not bothered about all the other fancy bells and whistles.
Only add on I have is my IPTV set up.
If I can help with any other tests please ask we will have hot weather here for quite awhile.

1 Like

I installed the update and I’m back on Mimic.
I’ll give an update on stability in a couple of days especially with the warmer weather.

The device seems cooler by touching it, but got no idea for real without temperature info sorry

i installed the update and i still have the temperature info.

i don’t know how but fist after the update it doesn’t worked for me but after a new reboot the temperature info worked again:

Every 0,5s: echo -n 'temp: '; cat /sys/clas… vero4k: Fri Jul 27 21:42:57 2018

temp: 70000
cpu speed: 1512000

this is actual while watching a movie and the room temp is about 24-25°

Are you sure you installed the update properly? Can you paste some logs?

should be installed.

here is the log: https://paste.osmc.tv/uxememihug

anything new here? I never got feedback for my logs. Do i have the update on my system or not?

thanks

Sorry – been busy around here.
As you’re testing HRA improvements in PM, you won’t be on this version anymore.

Sam

1 Like

When I wanted to use the vero yesterdag it was stuck on a white screen when I turned on the TV and today when I turned the TV on it it was stuck on a purple screen. Very weird. It works after a restart but seems to crash randomly. I’m starting to miss an on and off button after pulling it’s power cable so many times :slight_smile:
It should have more than enough air where I put it.

How are you leaving it overnight?
Does it feel hot when you get the problem?

Can you post the log so we can confirm if you have indeed updated to this testing kernel?

I just leave it on overnight and normally never turn it off. We mostly use the device an hour a day or something like that.
I didn’t touch it yet after a color crash and it doesn’t show the temperature anymore just a question mark so I don’t know how hot it gets.

Here is my log : https://paste.osmc.tv/oyazizilic

Are you leaving it on a specific menu? Try keeping it on Home screen.

I don’t know why Mimic is so problematic still.
It seems you have updated correctly.

Sam