Will Vero Next have an optical audio port?

I think it can support that sort of interface but you would lose the USB3 port.

Looking at the specs I canā€™t wait to get hold of one.

We could do it - there are options to use PCIe and break it out via USB3, but we donā€™t have physical space for it.

There also also downsides.

eMMC in the new device is a lot faster (about 6x for some workloads).

I experienced some eMMC modules getting corrupted over time. Is there any way to replace it in case?

Summer in Australia isnā€™t till December :melting_face:

A question of quality, I donā€™t think any of the original Vero4k emmc has failed and as you can read hear people have them in operation for more than 5 years

Maybe without revealing details what are some of the things the new Vero can do that the Vero+ cant do?

I use my Vero only for plex and it is pretty perfect even playing direct demux 4k HDR UHD with DTS-MA on plex.

Ill buy one anyway just to have a new Vero but besides a few oddball updates that I had to workaround the Vero+ has been nearly perfect for the over 3 years Ive had it.

Might it be wifi 6 compatible with the built in Wi-Fi chip?

is this the only eu seller in europe?

No - there are multiple.

In the netherlands too? Who?

I donā€™t know about Netherlands at this point. Re-sellers will get units a fair bit later than we will ship however.

It looks like the 20 questions are already answered but letā€™s try 2 more!

Will the new box have full 3D support? and will the MVC macro-blocking issues be addressed ?

Yes.

The IP block is the same as before for 3D, and 3D MVC is considered dead from the SoC side. Transcoding solves the issue as you know. Unfortunately there isnā€™t anything we can do our side.

We will keep 3D MVC supported as long as we can in terms of chipset and software.

I am hoping to send samples to the team on Monday. Then after theyā€™re happy, weā€™ll be shipping. I need to work on copy; marketing and also do some upgrades to our web store.

3 Likes

https://fccid.io/2AI57-VEROV

3 Likes

Iā€™ve tried to dig out Dolby Vision license on Vero V, however canā€™t see it anywhere. Will this be supported? I understood this is not the option on the current model (Vero 4K+), however what about DV on Vero V?
I am looking for Kodi compatible device that would play HDR with Dolby Vision format.

The Vero V does not output in Dolby Vision.