Zero W

Did the upgrade to 4.4.27-10 osmc + kernel upgrade, then reboot.

I still cannot see both the Wireless and Bluetooth option in the MyOSMC Network section.

As you proposed, it might be useful for you to get access to my Pi Zero W remotely using SSH, in this case I would just need you to provide me the public IP I have to authorize in my FW.

All logs available in http://paste.osmc.io/alanomiyub .

Cheers.

I know what it will beā€¦

DT missing for Zero W.

Will let you know when I have something ready

Cheers

Sam

Okay, can you try and upgrade again?

The Device Tree for Pi0 was missing, so the WiFi / BT stack wasnā€™t being loaded, despite the driver now being present.

Sam

I have been able to connect to my network over Wifi. Using the procedure:

Login via the command line22
Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
Your system should have have received the update.

that you listed above. Thanks!

I can confirm the same as wingman4ce3d, the update has worked and I am now on wifi on my Zero W.

Bluetooth works OK too?
Can you enable it and see if your phone is picked up etc?

I just went through the same update procedure as wingman4ce3d, starting with a fresh Febuary 2017 base image. I can also confirm that the built in WIFI is now working just fine! However I do not see a bluetooth option in the networking screen inside MyOSMC. Is there something else needed to make that appear? I have uploaded my logs if thats helpfull to http://paste.osmc.io/ovicefapak

Try updating again.

Sam

Sadly no luck. I got 2 updates after another apt-get update&&apt-get dist-upgrade but still no bluetooth option under MyOSMC/Networking. Latest logs http://paste.osmc.io/kodamiwami.

Whatā€™s the output of

dpkg -l | grep base-files-osmc. It should be 2.1.0

sudo systemctl status brcm43xx.service
sudo systemctl status bt-firmware.path

Output of all 3 commands.

osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ dpkg -l | grep base-files-osmc
ii  base-files-osmc                      2.1.0                       all                                                            modified base-files for OSMC system
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ sudo systemctl status brcm43xx.service
* brcm43xx.service - Broadcom 43xx bluetooth HCI
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/brcm43xx.service; disabled)
   Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2017-03-17 00:25:58 EDT; 13min ago
  Process: 298 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rpi-btuart (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe rpi-btuart[298]: Can't set line discipline: Invalid argument
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe rpi-btuart[298]: Can't initialize device: Invalid argument
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe rpi-btuart[298]: bcm43xx_init
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe rpi-btuart[298]: Flash firmware /etc/firmware/BCM43430A1.hcd
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe rpi-btuart[298]: Set Controller UART speed to 3000000 bit/s
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: brcm43xx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Failed to start Broadcom 43xx bluetooth HCI.
Mar 17 00:25:58 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Unit brcm43xx.service entered failed state.
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ sudo systemctl status bt-firmware.path
* bt-firmware.path - sdio device path monitor
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bt-firmware.path; enabled)
   Active: active (waiting) since Fri 2017-03-17 00:25:48 EDT; 13min ago

Mar 17 00:25:48 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Starting sdio device path monitor.
Mar 17 00:25:48 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Started sdio device path monitor.
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$

Thatā€™s good, looks like WiFi and BT are now being detected as expected, but the hciattach command is failing.

On Pi Zero W, we run this command:

/usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 3000000 flow -

which seems to be failing from your logs above.

Can you try running that command manually, and can you paste the output of ls -l /dev/serial1.

It would also be interesting to know if /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow - works.

Sam

The three commads output

osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 3000000 flow -
bcm43xx_init
^C
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ ls -l /dev/serial1
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Mar 17 00:25 /dev/serial1 -> ttyAMA0
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/serial1 bcm43xx 921600 noflow -
bcm43xx_init
^C
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ ^C

I had to terminate the hciattach with ctrl-c after waiting about 10 seconds do get back to the shell.
Its quite late nere so I dont think I can do much more tonight. Hope this helps.

Interestingly, you donā€™t seem to get any error when running that command manually. There may be a timing issue or some problem with the script.

Also worth knowing if running sudo systemctl start bt-firmware.path works.

Weā€™ll pick this up tomorrow

Sam

Looks like that works.

osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ sudo systemctl start bt-firmware.path
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$ sudo systemctl status bt-firmware.path
* bt-firmware.path - sdio device path monitor
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bt-firmware.path; enabled)
   Active: active (waiting) since Fri 2017-03-17 00:25:48 EDT; 2h 31min ago

Mar 17 00:25:48 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Starting sdio device path monitor.
Mar 17 00:25:48 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Started sdio device path monitor.
Mar 17 02:56:30 osmcpictureframe systemd[1]: Started sdio device path monitor.
osmc@osmcpictureframe:~$

I went back into MyOSMC/Network after running that but did not see Bluetooth.
Good night. Hope this all helps.

What is the output of sudo systemctl status bt-firmware.path after running start on bt-firmware.path?

Let me know if you want anything additional tested.

WiFi and Bluetooth support is now fully working in the jessie-devel repository.

I would like to thank @uTROT for providing SSH access to his Pi Zero, as well as those who offered SSH access for testing. This allowed me to do some testing remotely and itā€™s very appreciated. Please hit us up for some stickers and goodies :slight_smile:

It looks like WiFi and BT will be working for the new Pi Zero W in the next OSMC update, which will be available on Sunday.

Thank you for your patience

Sam

Thank you for this. Connectivity is working well though I have found an issue with using the internal Bluetooth with the a2dp app and the audio seems choppy. Iā€™ve uploaded the logs to the a2dp thread. Thank you once again for the speedy update.

I have replied to your A2DP thread.

This is a known limitation of the internal adapter. Get a good adapter if you want reliable audio streaming. Support for the internal adapter may improve in the future.