3D Frame Packed output

The whitelist is simply a list of resolutions and refresh rates that your TV supports, and that Kodi is therefore allowed to switch to automatically. For most modern 4K TVs you’ll want to whitelist everything except the modes that have a 4096 horizontal resolution.

I have to respectfully disagree with darwindesign, there: upscaling is one of the Vero 4K’s weaknesses, and it is more or less guaranteed that your TV will do a better job of upscaling than the Vero will. So, for the best possible picture quality, you should always output everything at native resolution, assuming your TV actually supports the resolution in question.

Updated to November release and updated the 3d package.
Now all my iso 3d play in 2d.
This is unfortunate because all my 3d content is in iso. (more than 400 titles)
Hope you sort this problem out.
Thank you.

Please post a lot so we can see if you are on the right version and what’s going on here.

Sorry, what is “a lot”?

I think Sam meant a “log” :slight_smile: … that problem with ISOs is a known one, I’m investigating …

Thanks for reply. This is the log;

https://paste.osmc.tv/akakafoqos

1 Like

Thanks for the log, I’m able to reproduce it now.

Can we expect a quick solution to the iso problem?

I think it will be fixed in the next testbuild. But don’t ask me when the next testbuild will be available :slight_smile: … I simply can’t tell.

thans

Hello i am one of those who is actively testing the 3D build.

I have some curiosity question : (maybe it will be dumb)

How is handled the depth and gushing in this build. Is it standardized. is it sent with some default values. Or sent without modification. I ask this because most of players (blueray players) have options to adjust the reference plan and the depth and gushing effect and was wondering if it si something where you can have control or not.

In fact everything seems to work perfectly on this build. But for the same movies i notice i have far less gushing than with the HTPC (windows with the old 17.6 3D MVC kodi build). With same source file and same projector. It’s not an issue at all but was just wondering if something like those options proposed by blueray player is expectable. And if maybe the default parallax settings may be different

Are you talking about things like pop out effect?
These are not changed and simply passed through

Yes sorry for my google trad which gave me “gushing”. But that’s what i was talking about. Ok so it’s strictly a passtrough. Thanks for confirmation

Yes – it is passed through. I don’t think we have the possibility to make this configurable unfortunately.

Sam

dont worry i’m not asking for it. :wink:

Hi @sam_nazarko and @tanio99 - another bug for you, I’m afraid. :grin:

You might have noticed this thread a little while ago: What the heck is going on here?

I’ve finally figured out what I did that triggered that problem: it was going into the video calibration settings while playing a 3D video. What I was trying to do was just to change the vertical position of the subtitles; but doing that obviously caused all sorts of stuff to be set to the wrong values in ways that couldn’t easily be corrected through the UI.

It’s possible to get things back to normal (I think) by reinstalling the non-3D build and then resetting some stuff to defaults in System settings. But at some point the Video Calibration stuff needs checking in the 3D build.

I’ll try to reproduce it this weekend. Thanks for checking that out!

This is pixelation, right? I only see it in 3D mkvs. Is that the expected behaviour? Do logs help or are you already onto the issue? Great work and I love not handling my 3D discs, just like regular BRs and DVDs.

No, we don’t need any logs, thanks. We’re able to reproduce that issue.

I’ll push another build before Christmas for 3.14 with some fixes.

Sam

1 Like