There’s a new installer for RetroPie on the Vero4K! It still supports the RPi, so it’s been imaginatively called…
What does this installer add?
- Binary install options for the Vero4K for all of the tested emulators, so you’ll be up and running in minutes rather than hours;
- Provides a new launcher addon as standard;
- Fixes the popup menus on the Vero4K when you start a game (you may not have noticed but previously they didn’t display at all, so you couldn’t select the default core for a ROM etc, or TV mode);
- Runs Emulationstation as a proper service.
@DBMandrake - popup menu fixes and the startup service.
@joakim_s - TV mode selection fixes.
@mcobit - the original name that I really couldn’t improve upon.
@sam_nazarko - hosting the binaries.
Installation is via:
sudo apt-get install git cd git clone https://github.com/hissingshark/retrOSMCmk2.git cd retrOSMCmk2 sudo ./setup.sh
Just select RetroPie-Setup from the menu and proceed as normal.
You will need to install all of the core packages:
Manage packages->Manage core packages->Install/Update all core packages from binary
Then start installing the individual emulators you want to try under:
Manage packages->Manage main/optional/experimental packages
Only installing one at a time the packages you intend to use is more sensible, but if you really are going to use most/all of the main emulators you could save a few clicks by running:
Basic install which will install the Core and Main packages from binary in one step.
Retroarch and the 27 “main” cores including:
- If you encounter problems with the above supported subset, try again with a clean OSMC install.
90% of the problems encountered by new users have related to systems contaminated by previous experiments and configurations. You will save a lot of time if you try this first. Then if there is a problem we are at least all on the same page. I want you gaming as quickly as possible!
- Not all emulators are tested as yet. Some may not work or building them may break others. Adding one at a time and checking how things are is the way to go!
Please report back with your findings! Good or bad.