[HowTo] RetroPie and OSMC: Retrosmc - Retrogaming on OSMC

Ok, thank you for detailed steps!

I always have my screensaver off (soā€¦maybe a conflict here?)

Hello. Iā€™ve read all your post about it but I have not managed to operate the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
work in the GUI but not in games. can you help me
forgive my English google translate THANKS

I couldnā€™t get it to work either. It only works EITHER in Kodi OR in games but never in both of them for me.

cnschulz wrote he got it working in games as well as Kodi. Iasked for his scripts/configuration here in this thread and via pm but havenā€™t gotten an answer. I get the idea behind what heā€™s doing but fail to understand the technical execution.

Right now, Iā€™m waiting for changes on RetrOSMC/RetroPie. As Toast wrote above, mcobit is in contact with the developers of RetroPie and they are working on changes that remove the need for the chroot workaround and hopefully let all controllers be used in games as in Kodi itself.

OK. thanks for your help. We wait then.

Hello,

Some ecm files for psx are not recognize, itā€™s for example FFIX with 4 CD.
How to fix that ?
How multiple cds will be managed ?

Thanks.

EDIT : Iā€™ve tried a bin file too, I just got a white square screenā€¦

PS : Scrapping for ā€œFinal fantasy IX - CD1ā€ search ā€œal fantasy IXā€¦ā€ the beginning of the name seems removedā€¦

Please refer to the retropie documentation. This should not be a problem with retrosmc.

Have you installed the psx bios files and are you sure the images are good?

I donā€™t know anything about this. I will try.

Edit : Thanks, didnā€™t know that.

@dishins @mcobit I have this issue too. The emulationstation does not quit and I have to wait a very long time (if I do not kill it) to the transition video to come. I have added mount entries in the chroot.sh pointing to my external hdd for each rom dir (I prefer this since I can get control over each rom dir, instead of the entire ā€˜romsā€™ dir). Can this be causing the issue?

I wouldnā€™t add them to the chroot script thoughā€¦ but I have the same and got no problems through fstab.

Not sure why this should happen.
If you quit emulationstation from within emulationstation, why should it not quit?
It could ā€œhangā€, but then it shouldnā€™t go back to commandlineā€¦
Do you start it from the launcher addon?

I use a cifs mount for my roms, but donā€™t think that could be causing the issue. My workaround to this is quitting Emulationstation through a custom script in retropie menu.

Would you like to share that with us and when you run it?

Has anyone tried to install limelight from retropieā€™s experimental packages? Does it work?

I did not try it but I also see no reason why it shouldnā€™t work. Just try it :slight_smile:

I have not a compatible GTX video card on my pc :confused: I just wondered if someone has done it

@mcobit Yes, I do start from launcher, but If I start from retropie.sh, the same happens. I have thousand of roms on each dir mame-mame4all, fba, snes, nes and megadrive. I dont known if it matters.

I have problem in finding the ā€œrestoreā€ keypress for c64 (vice) emulator in retropie. PgUp doesnt work for me.

I see in /opt/retropie/emulators/vice/lib/vice/C64 there are some *.vkm files like sdl_sym.vkm (where vice keyboard mapping is hardcoded i suppose). But there is not a restore button. I tried changing the backspace to map it to restore like this:

to: 8 0 0 8 /* Backspace -> Restore */

but didnā€™t work. Also tried to add in # Restore key mappings the following

280 -3 0 /* Backspace -> RESTORE */

0 -3 1 /* Backspace -> RESTORE */

Didnā€™t work either. Any thoughts?

Heyā€¦
First I want to say thank you!!!

I got a cheap sound card 2$ cm108 that works fine in osmc how can i enable it in retrosmc??

From what I understand retrosmc doesnā€™t use alsa so the commands I know wont workā€¦

Thank you!!!

Hey, Im new to Retrosmc. I tried version 0.006 on a fresh installed osmc with samba. After installing I got asked to setup my wireless 360 controller and everything went fine. So I tried to further setup my retrosmc and installed the emulators via the retrosmc-setup. I chose the binaries with (recommended) on it. After installation and a reboot there was no automount for any usb-deviceā€¦

I mean, the recommended option breaks my hole pi because no usb devices (two hdds, bluetooth keyboard and mouse, 360 controller) are recognized anymore. Any solution? For now I resetup my pi and only install the emulators I need.
Greets :smile: