Not booting after December update

man, it’s not a war: you devs against us. Please understand me and stop it… or ban me, if you don’t like me.

and I close it here: I am a dev like you. I am not criticizing you in any way and I really appreciate what have you done. Please understand me.

Then lets call that the end of it.

1 Like

you too guys :wink: Let’s top it here :smile:

Hi.

It’s working on my side with the fix.

Pierrr

I’m not against lending my card for few days if you have some Dev in bucarest.

It was part of my birthday gift and carefully chosen by my wife so I don’t want to donate it.

But for few days it should not be a big deal.

Pierre

and my apologies for the initial, unintentional FUD. It was unintentional, I was misleaded, but yes, it was FUD! Have a great day!

Seems everything is fixed with mmc then, like it should be :relaxed:

Is the option “bcm2708.bcm2835_mmc=1” the same like “dtoverlay=mmc”?
I used this option since September in my “/boot/config.txt” without problems.

Before I update to the latest version, I’d like to minimize the risk of not starting system.
Now its “Linux osmc 4.3.0-10-osmc #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Nov 29 14:06:50 UTC 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux”

Many thanks!

that old mmc fix will likely change to dtoverlay since they are official kernel changes from the raspberry pi foundation.

when did you add that to your config.txt was it when we tested the new sdhost earlier this year ?

exactly!
Since October or September …

You have to correct it. I was able to fix it but I had to apply the fix before the update

2 posts were split to a new topic: Error installing mediacenter packet

Got same problem here, after updating to December release. Downloaded overlay and edited config.txt with mmc option, as suggested, now my RBPi2 is fully functional. Please add my card for reference : A-DATA 32GB UHS-I U1 (S/N on the back : G32G1208231159).
Thank you guys for all your hard work!

I can confirm that Sam’s fix works for my RPI2 with a Transcend TS32GUSDHC10 (32 GB) SD card. The exact same thing as OP happened to me around 2 AM and I couldn’t find this thread for some reason, so ended up reflashing to get it back up. Happened again the next morning (now) and the suggested fix worked, so leaving this here to help other people with this SD card to find this thread. =]

A small update to this issue - we have built a new Pi kernel (4.3.3-2) which includes the missing mmc-overlay.dtb file, so anybody updating to the December release from today onwards who experiences this problem, it is sufficient to just add dtoverlay=mmc to /boot/config.txt to revert to the mmc driver - no downloading and copying of the dtb file is necessary now. (Also make sure there is no line that says dtoverlay=sdhost in config.txt)

If you are using a Noobs install, hold shift when booting and use the config.txt editor for your OSMC install to add this line. If you are not using noobs, edit config.txt on the FAT32 partition of the SD card from a Mac/PC.

This change to config.txt can also be done pre-emptively before upgrading to the December release, if you think you have a card that may be affected.

Please continue to let us know the make and model of your SD card if you are affected, especially if it is not a Transcend card.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Sd card: ADATA Premier 16GB AUSDH16GUICL10-RA1

It’s on Raspberry Pi 2

i use the november build right now.

10 posts were split to a new topic: Dependency failed for Local File Systems after December update

Ok, after update to the December version
both overlays works fine (“SanDisk Mobile Ultra microSDXC 64GB UHS-I Class 10”)!

I’m a little bit confused:

• which overlay is the faster one?
  • which is the default now (without any “dtoverlay=” in “/boot/config.txt”)?
  • which is the default in the future?

Many thanks!

Michael

The answer to all three questions is sdhost