OSMC Release Candidate

Few things I have found, some may be by design rather than bugs per say

1. Using CEC with a Panasonic TV and remote, roughly every 5 - 8 keypad presses, it will register one as a double press. Can get annoying when browsing menues and trying to select things.

Don’t know if this was an issue on ALPHA 4 as used a keyboard instead

1. On the Kodi settings menu, when you go in to something other than the item at the top of the list, for example “System” which is half way down. When you return out of that menu it takes you back to the very top item rather than where you previously were in the list. Not sure if this is a bug or by design.

2. in the MY OSMC App / Menu, pressing return / back doesn’t take you back to the main menu. For me, intuition says it would but again this may be by design (making the user press the OSMC logo)

3. When going to OSMC settings, then networking. When you first open it up you can see all the options for wireless, wired and bluetooth. When then navigating down the screen seems to go all funny, comes back and then the wireless and bluetooth options have vanished. Closing networking and reopening doesn’t bring them back

4. Going to power and reboot seems to kill the Pi and a manual unplug / replug is required to boot it again

I get that under a different OS with a Panasonic TV too.

CEC related I would think.

Hi!

I added some of @popcornmix’s improvements here:

https://github.com/samnazarko/osmc/blob/master/package/libcec-osmc/patches/rbp-000-add-popcornmix-enhancements.patch

I believe this did improve the situation with keypresses. I think @popcornmix has a Pansonic TV, so I’ll bring this to his attention.

Will let you know whether this is ‘expected’. Skin is very much a work in progress for now.

I’ll bring this to @karnage’s attention.

That’s really weird. Can you get a video of that happening (a log too would be great) so we can see what’s going on

Cheers

Sam

It does for me.

I have checked the code and action 10 (Prev Menu) and 92 (Nav Back) are both being handled explicitly.

@Karnage
something is really strange in the My OSMC navigation. See also my post OSMC RC - My OSMC - "Exit" only reacts after keypress

And I have not been able to replicate that issue either.

There is certainly nothing in the code that would allow for such a diversion/delay.

Can you provide a comprehensive log? Turn on debugging, replicate the issue, and then use the Log Uploader module in MyOSMC to upload the logs to paste.osmc.io.

Ok, will do later when I have access to my box

It might be the Panasonic TV remote I was using through CEC. Weird because the back button worked fine everywhere else except in my osmc.

Will try and capture a video of it and get the log files too you tonight.

Other than that, everything is working great. Very fast and skin is looking great!

I have noticed an odd issue with my remote via CEC lately, where the Pause button doesnt work for a while after boot. And then when I come back a day later, it works fine.

Try going to system/input/CEC in settings.
Set delay a little higher (e.g. 300) and set repeat to non-zero (perhaps 100).

As I mentioned before, those options are not available.
I did point to some commits in nc4 that´s not in the backport branch; I still believe that the repeat commits are not present in the backport branch (or at least something is missing).
I might be wrong and Sam´s patch is incomplete, but my guess is that he just diffs it so everything should be there.

Edit: To ellaborate, these settings is not available in the backport branch, see nc4 for comparision:
Backport: xbmc/peripherals.xml at helix_rbp_backports · popcornmix/xbmc · GitHub
NC4: xbmc/peripherals.xml at newclock4 · popcornmix/xbmc · GitHub

And I cannot see the additional commits that are in NC4 such as this:

Thanks for the reply!

@Karnage
This is really odd. I was trying to create the log file for you but now I neither can replicate the issue I was referring to in the other treat nor I can replicate what @spudy12 experienced.
Seems like OSMC is changing (even so I have updates on manual)

Effectively yes, it’s a diff with (at the moment, one commit omitted).

Sam

Did another test, this seems to be related to screen refresh and only happens when “debugging” is off. See my comment in OSMC RC - My OSMC - "Exit" only reacts after keypress

If you had updates set to manual then osmc will definitely not be updating itself without your knowledge.

Being able to control the update process more reliably is one of the key design goals of osmc over raspbmc. :slight_smile:

INSTALLING RC

See you all on the other side !!!

@DBMandrake no worries OSMC didn’t update without asking. As I explained in my other post it seems that the display refresh is influenced by the “debugging”

Try turning off on screen debugging in advancedsettings with 1 see here http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml#Troubleshooting_settings