Vero 4K General Discussion

i download on my SD card, so the USB bus is not involved ?!

Of course it is! Your wifi dongle is not USB?

yes, my wifi dongle is USB …
So, if its the problem on raspberry ( speed of USB bus ), on Vero 4k, they are the same problem ?

thx all

As @Smurphy said, [quote=“Smurphy, post:103, topic:22904”]
CPU and USB bus combined
[/quote]

The 4k is a completely different piece of hardware than Pi with a much more powerful CPU. Would be unlikely to suffer the same issues.

@Smurphy might be able to advise if such limitations exist on Vero2 (I doubt they do), as I think he also has one.

I actually use the Vero 2 on a 1Gbps cat6 (No Wifi, connected with 100Mbps) ethernet cable.
I didn’t see any issues (Performance related). Not on the Vero 2.

ok thx, its possible for you, to make test with wifi dongle to confirm you can download at 10mb/sec?

if you confirm, i buy the vero 4k :slight_smile:

You will definitely get over 10MB/s, provided that your environment allows it (not too far from the router, your Internet connection allows it) etc.

WiFi is hooked up via SDIO, not USB, so there is no contention for bandwidth in the same way that there is with a USB dongle on a Raspberry Pi.

Cheers

Sam

ok, thanks for your explanation.
So if its exact, on the raspberry 3, I do not have this problem ?! Because it has wifi (Just for my understanding)

Just a quick question.
Can the new Vero 4K be used in brigde mode wifi to ethernet?

The performance may be improved, but the WiFi is only 802.11n on Raspberry Pi 3. You’ll get about 4MB/s.

I haven’t extensively evaluated the WiFi on the Raspberry Pi 3 but 35Mbits, which is 4MB/s is achievable in a good 802.11n environment for a 1x1 antenna which is what Pi uses.

Yes, but currently this needs to be done via the command line (two commands must be run).
We will make this more straightforward in the future.

Sam

1 Like

Quick question for Sam. Does the Bluetooth on the Vero 4k work as an A2DP sink? I want to stream audio from an Echo Dot to the Vero and then out through HDMI to my receiver.

Hi

As you know we have been working on experimental Bluetooth audio streaming.
This solution is maturing and I’m hoping in a few weeks we will be able to bring this to Vero 4K. This is why I included Bluetooth in the Vero 4K.

We’ll make an announcement when it’s ready for testing

Sam

Not that I’m impatient, but I ordered last sunday and I’m curious how the shipping is coming along?

Your entire statement is an oxymoron…
You are only slowing down the progress of shipping all items by asking a question that requires the shippers to stop and respond as to how shipping is going…
A tracking number will be emailed when the item is shipped.

1 Like

I’m going to do a post on this a little later today explaining how things are progressing.

We’re working very hard on getting them out.

Sam

What’s the advantage to having this device over Connecting a hard drive directly to your TV? I can also play video and UHD blu-rays from my Samsung player

OSMC.

You seem to be a new member, so you may not have used OSMC before. You will find that Vero 4K can do a lot more than a connected HDD or a Blu-ray player.

This should cover it: Where's my order?.

I’m looking forward to a chance to catch up on sleep in a few days. Watch your inbox, and of course, any questions, let me know.

Sam

@sam_nazarko you have convinced me, just ordered one :slight_smile: