Vero 4K General Discussion

Hi Sam,

Will it be possible to restore a Backup to the Vero4k from my Vero2 or are there some differences and it will come to problems?

first priority is that i don’t want to add all my Videos again.

Thanks.

It has arrived :smiley:

10 Likes

Can’t wait to see the picture inside the box :yum:

Yes – it will work fine

Sam

And restoring from a Rasp Pi2, will that also work?

Yes.

Nice …
Mine goes to France… Up to the border, postage will be fast.
What happens after is another story!

It will be fine :wink:

Hi Sam,

What do you mean to imply by “HDR is supported, but may not always look good on your TV”?
If I happen to have a HDR capable screen, will Vero 4K deliver on par with other HDR playback devices?

Can you be more specific as to what type of HDR support we can expect from this box? HDR10, Dolby Vision, Dynamic HDR…
Will it be possible to support additional or newly emerging HDR standards through software updates, and will you embrace such in case they manage to establish somewhat?

Thanks

How about an unboxing and first run video?

:blush:

If you have an HDR screen, it should work well. At the moment, there is some guessing done by the device on how to present the video to the display. As we get our hands on more HDR content we should be able to refine things further.

I have covered this above. Dolby Vision is off the table.

We will refine support with our regularly monthly updates.

Sam

According to this article , Dolby Vision can be done entirely in software… so maybe it’s still possible to support it?

Sure – but we have advertised Vero 4K with what it can do today to avoid disappointment.

Sam

I agree! Underpromise and (hopefully in this case!) overdeliver is still the best way

Sorry, already unboxed and connected :smiley:

Alright. That’s good to know… :slight_smile:
Thanks for confirming these points, Sam.

Just wait & wait :cry:

Hi

I completely understand you are keen to get your hands on the Vero 4K. I also understand that you only confirmed your shipping address yesterday (after some changes).

We are working hard on getting them out. Once it ships, you’ll get an email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sam

Thanks Sam :smile:

Vero 4k + SMB share raspberry pi nas. Amazing :heart_eyes: