Vero 4K - settings reseted after reboot

hi!

I just rebooted my Vero 4K today and all my settings are gone.

Can you please let me know how to fix it?

Known bug affecting all platforms.
Fortunately I think I have enough to resolve this now. If so, it should be fixed very soon.

Unfortunately I can’t replicate this problem anymore firsthand.

Sam

It should now be resolved in the following commit:

Thanks for your patience

Sam

how to download or install the patch?

Update via staging repository for now

Sam

Can you give us some details on the steps we should follow in order to get these updates Sam? Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you fzinken

I’ve installed the update but now I get lots of errors which all seem to be related to DNS resolving not working anymore. I’ve already switched from DHCP and manually added the opendns servers but that didn’t help…

Pinging the DNS server works fine.

There were some changes to the network manager, ConnMan. These are still in the staging repository as they’re experimental. There’s some discussion here: Problem with resolv.conf on NFS root install since march update - #21 by sam_nazarko.

Please run these commands:

ls -l /etc/resolv.conf
dpkg -l | grep connman
sudo rm -f /etc/resolv.conf
reboot

And paste the output. The first two commands will give me some information to see what’s going on; and the last two should resolve the issue for you.

Cheers

Ok, here they are:

osmc@osmc-woonkamer:~$ ls -l /etc/resolv.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 28 Mar 20 22:30 /etc/resolv.conf -> /var/run/connman/resolv.conf

osmc@osmc-woonkamer:~$ dpkg -l | grep connman
ii armv7-connman-osmc 1.3.3-3 armhf connman for OSMC

So the symlink was still not deleted? Where there two builds today as I upgraded quite early?

After the reboot resolv.conf contains the statically configured DNS server and the problem is gone. Thanks!

Latest version is 1.3.3-4. That version has the fix.

Anyway – let me know how you get on with settings on reboot now.

After running the updater again conman is now upgraded to 1.3.3-4 and both the V3 and the Pi2 are running fine again. I guess that I got an earlier update yesterday with the older version?

And the settings on the Pi aren’t gone after the first reboot. :grinning:

thanks!

I haven’t pushed the settings fix for Pi yet, only Vero 4K as some additional work is needed for Pi

Sam

Hi @sam_nazarko I have this same issue on my 2x VERO4K and want to know how to get the fix for this? I had spend hours getting my skin settings perfect and GUI display settings but after a reboot I lost them.

Kindly let me know how to access this fix?

I think that the fix is still in staging. I’ve been testing it for over a week, and it seems stable to me.

Hi

Hopefully the issue is now addressed with the following commit:

I’d appreciate it if you could test this and provide feedback before we release this as an update to other users. To test this update:

1. Login via the command line
  2. Edit the file /etc/apt/sources.list
  3. Add the following line: deb http://apt.osmc.tv jessie-devel main
  4. Run the following commands to update: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && reboot
  5. Your system should have have received the update.

Please see if the issue is resolved.

I also recommend you edit /etc/apt/sources.list again and remove the line that you added after updating. This will return you to the normal update channel.

1 Like

Thanks @bmillham update is done and will post the results after testing.

@sam_nazarko @bmillham I can confirm issue now fixed. While testing VERO even got a sad face crash due to some skin related issue and post the crash settings recovered successfully.

I am :100: confident that this issue is resolved. Thanks Guys…

This fix still isn’t pushed to the primary update channel right? At least I hope so because I just got my new Vero4K and have been getting the issue. At this point I’m just giving up setting things on reboot because it takes a good 20 minutes (and I constantly forget my overscan numbers).

Yes, it’s still in staging.
But just make a backup of your userdata folder than you can recover that when it happens.
Also you should not require overscan settings