Vero IR Remote Issues

When I say give it some time for software updates, I mean weeks or months. Keep in mind that both the hardware and the software are brand new, and need additional development. There are lots of other issues that will take precedence over this (since there are plenty of workarounds), just look at the topics that are coming into the Help and Support board. And take a look at how large the XBMC/Kodi community is, it takes years to work out all the bugs and port code over to new devices.

That may be true, but give @sam_nazarko some time to test that, and reach out to the supplier. If you look at other threads (specifically the CEC related threads), there are plenty of folks not having issues with the remote. You and I (and the others with this issue) may have got a bad batch of IR filters, or whatever the root issue may be. If that’s the case, I’m certain a replacement IR filter or a replacement unit could be sent our way.

As far as a temporary workaround, I’ve been using a USB wireless keyboard/mouse. It’s not as elegant as the remote, but it works.

You could also try one of the Kodi remote apps on your mobile phone.

Or you could use a USB IR receiver, and point LIRC at your USB device instead of the onboard IR receiver.

Just trying to list temporary solutions for you @Paedrae, I know that none of these are the perfect solution. I’m certain a fix will come for this, in time, especially if more people are finding they have the same issue. There are lots of folks complaining about the CEC issue, and I’m sure that will be resolved in the near future. Make sure you follow those threads to get the latest updates.

And yes, you will need a new HDMI cord to get CEC working in the future, but that seems like a fair deal to me. In the meantime, just give @sam_nazarko some time work, he has a LOT of issues coming at him from every direction, and the forum is supposed to be a means of documenting problems, and helping others in the community. If us documenting the IR remote issues helps the next batch of Vero’s not have the issue, it’s worth it to me.