Vero4k+ announcement

I didn’t say you robed me. I said I feel like. Its quite different.
But what I can say is that your announcement does not align with your action in this case.

Once again, this is quote directly from your announcement:

Customers who ordered Vero 4K after 20th June will receive a free upgrade to the Vero 4K +. We will begin shipping shortly.

What I do also understand from upper quote is that I have placed the order on June 21st and you have send me the wrong, old, model by a mistake.

I dodn’t make that announcement. You did. And as a customer I expect you will make the correct actions.

Thank you and cheers

Your order says ‘Vero 4K’ for the device you purchased and I can see that’s what we have shipped you. At the time, the announcement / information about the new device had not been made public. If you received a different device than what you had ordered, I could certainly understand it. But my understanding is that the transaction was made with the expectation that you would receive the Vero 4K.

In this instance I will swap the device over, but you would need to return the original device. You can contact support@osmc.tv for this.

I will amend the blog post to avoid confusion.

Sam

2 Likes

I run a Vero 4K with a Synology back end over a wired network, and agree that SMB mounting via Kodi is pretty hopeless with UHD. However, all you need to do is enable NFS service on the Synology, and I think you’ll find that even when mounting shares via Kodi, UHD playback will be generally fine. For the cost of just a few pounds I added a USB gigabit adaptor to make chapter skipping rock-solid on one problem title, as fstab was not an option for me. So if you were unfortunate with the timing of your order, the regular Vero is still very capable.

1 Like

@sam_nazarko I knew you are understandable person (from your all over support in this forum).
Will contact over the email shortly.

Thank you and cheers

1 Like

So the 4K+ has a bigger heatsink in it, but any active cooling? I know my 4K with a big fan blowing on it constantly stays stable, but that’s the only thing that keeps it that way. So the 4K+ is more thermally stable?

There’s no active cooling, but this shouldn’t be necessary.

I replied to your post on 18th June but didn’t get a follow-up. I’d like to get this solved for you.

Cheers

Sam

Active cooling? Where do you keep your 4K? In the oven? :):rofl:

Even after hours of HEVC-movie watching I have zero issues with the Vero 4K.

1 Like

crssi, have you tried an FTP server? It will be wayyy faster than SMBlah.

I don’t have a Synology NAS but I did used to suffer from the stutters and delays you mention for UHD,
the cure for me was to set up fstab for my SMB shares configuring fstab

Since I took the time to set that up (it was much easier thanks to that tutorial than I was expecting) my GB ethernet adapter has been consigned to collecting dust in my tech drawer, and I watch my UHD content glitch free via the “weedy” 10/100 ethernet port built into the Vero

1 Like

@MidnightWatcher and @Buckeye, thank you, but I don’t own the 4k anymore, so not in position to report anything back.
But I am waiting now 4k+.
Anyway, the 4k is one of best designed (inside the box too, I mean) I have seen in the past few years.
Big kudos to @sam_nazarko (and anyone in his team).
If anyone asks me about kodi device to be used, there is no match to Vero and its the only choice I will use in the future and I will always recommend.

Cheers

2 Likes

Just ordered mine today I live in the United States so I wonder how long it’s going to take to get my new toy looking forward to it. I have been a fan of osmc for a long time started out on a Raspberry Pi 3 upgraded to a Raspberry Pi 3 + might as well get their flagship and support osmc.

Supposedly orders from late June have yet to be shipped (according to users) and I haven’t seen anyone confirm they have received theirs, so it will be “a while”. My order is from mid July before the announcement. I did finally get an e-mail warning of a delay:

"In late June we stopped shipping Vero 4K devices and took a break from shipping orders. We did this to prepare for the new Vero 4K + and to avoid disappointment. You will shortly be receiving this new device.

This is just to let you know that we have now started shipment of our latest flagship product.

There are however a lot of orders to fulfill and we are working hard on this. We appreciate your patience and you will receive an email with full tracking information when you order is dispatched. Unfortunately we cannot trivially give ETAs for dispatch dates based on order numbers, but we are keeping our heads down and working through the backlog promptly."

1 Like

Thanks for your support :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries this is going to be the first order of something where I have to wait since before Amazon lol I did get an email saying that once it’s shipped I’ll get a email to track it.

I’ve posted some more details here: Vero 4K + shipment details (08/08/18)

Yes – every shipment is tracked to the door and our mail providers are fast. Usually 3 days Europe and 3-5 days rest of world.

Sam

1 Like

I was wondering if any units are being sent to reviewers? It would be nice to see Vero and OSMC getting more (well deserved) attention.

I will indeed be sending out some review units, but paying customers are the priority. We will see some reviews start appearing in September I would suspect.

Sam

3 Likes

Amazing, just found this thread through the Kodi forum, had not noticed there was a new unit. Instantly ordered the 4k+.

Hope I can find a buyer for my 4K (tbh, anyone that does not watch 4k+HD audio does not need to upgrade).

They don’t “need” to upgrade, but if they want snappier performance, no bright blue
LED lighting up the room and the increased bandwidth provided by Gigabit ethernet for better seeking/fast-forwarding, well then I’d say the 4K+ is a worthy upgrade. :sunglasses:

Not sure about snappier performance, I thought the CPU was same?