Missing music visualization on Vero4K

Yesterday I did more migration from Windows HTPC to Vero4K and wanted to activate the music visualization but I didn’t found any.

Is there a visualisation available for the Vero4K box?

Not sure but I think you can install them via add-ons.

I can’t find anything there.

Is there a special repositiory which is not installed by default?

My Kodi on windows has some pre-installed but deactivated visualizations.

Check this thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=306658

Won’t be able to test until the box is free. Doubt my daughter accepts this is “urgent” :smiley:

I checked remotely and the spectrum visualisation seems not to be installed by default:

$ sudo apt install kodi-visualization-spectrum
 Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libxcb-glx0 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 libxxf86vm1
Recommended packages:
  libgl1-mesa-dri
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  kodi-visualization-spectrum libgl1-mesa-glx libglu1-mesa libxcb-glx0 libxdamage1 libxfixes3 libxxf86vm1
0 upgraded, 7 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 445 kB/479 kB of archives.
After this operation, 1284 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

You might want to install that.

I think that visualization needs X to work properly, so I don’t recommend trying it.

Looks like it. I thought it was installed on my old RPI.

The shadertoy visualizations from popcornmix mostly work on the 4K. There are a few that don’t.

I thought that is a standard feature :frowning:. I will have a look on the shadertoy visualization from popcornmix. I hope it could be a solution for me.

There are fewer visualisations on GLES platforms unfortunately

Sam

@Sam: You wrote “fewer visualizations” but I cannot found any visualization. Do you have a link for me where I can find one?

The link posted here earlier does’nt work.

Hail @popcornmix, even on Vero 4K he manages to provide stuff :wink:
Using these for the past 3 years or so!

I did try the mentioned Shadertoy visualization by popcornmix above, but that’s not working on my Vero 4k. I really did look for ANY visualization for the Vero 4k, but so far, none of them seem to work. If anyone can link me any working visualization, I will be very happy :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I just installed popcornmix repo: https://github.com/popcornmix/repository.popcornmix.storage/raw/master/repository.popcornmix.zip

And installed the visualisations.

Installing it is not the issue. When playing a song with the visualization selected, produces errors.

Perhaps something can be found in the logs by someone?

http://paste.osmc.tv/madufujiva

I am still open to any other working Visualization for the Vero4K though!

For me it works on Vero4K… very good thank you for the repo link.

I’m using ‘Sound sinus wave by Eitraz’ without any issues from the Shadertoy visualisations, no idea if others work, but that has always been my favo.

I’d love to be able to use that, but alas, it seems I have no clue how to get it working on my Vero 4k… I don’t suppose you can zip up your shadertoy addon for me to try and import it?

What is the problem actually?

• Can you install the repo?
  • Can you install shadertoy from the repo?
  • Did you enable it in the addons list?
  • When you play music, do you even see the visualisation selectable?

There are so many steps that can go wrong, need more info then it doesn’t work.

Thanks for the reply, and yes to all.

The moment I start playing a song, 2 similar/same errors pop up, and after selecting to OK them, the music starts playing, without visualization.

Please see below the entries in the log (Also linked in my previous post, in Kodi.log)

ERROR: IAddonInstanceHandler::CreateInstance: visualization.shadertoy returned bad status “Permanent failure” during instance creation
FATAL: Visualization: failed to create instance for ‘visualization.shadertoy’ and not usable!

This happens with the repo installed version of Shadertoy.

Regarding your specific use of a visualization, I don’t know how to select only one, as the shadertoy settings only have a single setting to “randomize”

Thanks in advance for taking a look!