Vero 4K initial setup question

Hello … I just picked up a Vero 4K box from the OSMC store … should get to me by end of this week.

I will be connecting the Vero 4K through my Denon X2200 receiver connected to my Vizio P65-C1 display. I tried looking at the Wiki page, however could not find any info for the initial audio/video setup for my configuration. Also I have a Synology 216+II NAS that will serve as a data server for the 4K UHD & Blu Ray ripped MKV containers. Looking for any suggestions for this kind of setup. Thank you for all your help!

Ok … browsing this forum … found couple of threads that will help newbies like me …

https://kodi.wiki/view/First_time_user

I think armed with knowledge from the above referenced threads, I should be able to get everything going. If not this fantastic forum is there for help.

Thanks everyone … looking forward to having an amazing experience with my Vero 4K.

You should be able to get up and running without issue, but let us know if you have any questions

The big questions would be:

1. Do you already have Kodi on another system, and wish to share the library?
  2. Is this a new setup and in the future will share the library?

For connecting to the NAS, you’d be best off using NFS: Configuring fstab based NFS share mounts - #17 by Chillbo

I do have Kodi on my Amazon TV, but I do not have any libraries on it. That was for addons etc.

This will indeed be a new setup for me. Currently all my NAS shares are being played on my ATV 4K with Infuse & Plex.

Thanks for the link for configuring fstab. I will definitely try that.

Thanks!

I’d also recommend that you think to the future. If you think that you may add another device, then setting up a shared MySQL database would be the way to go now, instead of trying to migrate an existing database later.

Don forget, to get 4K HDR working…you will need to connect the Denon to HDMI Input 1, 2, 3 or 4 on the Vizio P65-C1
Then go to Settings–>InputSettings in Smartcast App and turn on Full UHD Color for the selected HDMI input.
Then on the Vero4K, set Adjust Refresh Rate to Always.

@Wheelz … thanks … I already have that set as I do have an ATV 4K.