January update now iqaudio dac not working?

just done the January update and now my iqaudio dac plus is not working looked in the audio settings and now its changed to alsa bcm 2835 instead of iqaudio dac plus any ideas guys thanks here are logs http://paste.osmc.io/puxebexola

Same problem here with HifiBerry DacPlus.

@dacapo looking at the forums there are a few people saying there are a few things wrong with the January update hope this can get resolved soon do you know how to go back to the previous version ??

It seems related to a 2 line patch from january 12 (affecting the kernel and ALSA).

@Fredouye how is this resolved friend ??

@Fredouye You mean this one? https://github.com/osmc/osmc/commit/93f82f81fc71295fa77b39e1c56a0ebdaa5c796e

Try adding dtparam=audio=off to your config.txt

2 Likes

having a Digi+ and I can confirm it works again after editing my config.txt with the parameter dtparam=audio=off

Had to correct the settings in the system–audio in Kodi

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming

This didn’t solve it for me. the DAC is available again in system - audio but still no sound

Works for me, too. Thanks for this quick solution.

Did you check audio hardware settings in Kodi config?

yep works for me thanks all for the help :smiley:

I checked the OSMC config. The overlay was set to Hifiberry DAC. I changed it to Hifiberry DAC + and now it works.
I must have changed it whiole troubleshooting and didn’t notice the difference.

Thanks for the help

My IQaudIO Pi DAC Plus is no longer working too with January update. I tried changing settings and rebooting then changing them back. didn’t help.

log reports…

http://paste.osmc.io/yigikohumu

ok… sorted…

adding… dtparam=audio=off fixed it for now

Digi+ now back working with the dtparam fix, thanks for sorting so quickly and easily. Cant access Pi Config but not really a problem for me.

This indicated an issue with the format in config.txt. Please provide a debug log when you try to access PiConfig.

See also

To get a better understanding of the problem you are experiencing we need more information from you. Please see http://osmc.tv/wiki/general/how-to-submit-a-useful-support-request/ for advice on how to help us.

Fix didn’t work for me. It restored the entry in the settings menu. Selecting it gives a soft ‘pop’ from the speakers, but it’s impossible to get any other sound out of it.
Note: This is using the Hifiberry DAC+
I also noted I suddenly had two dtoverlay entries in my config.txt I removed the one that read dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus-overlay since it should be dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus
Note2: I also tested the option dtoverlay=hifiberry-dacplus-overlay just to be sure. But that doesn’t work either.
Note3: running speaker-test will always reply: Playback open error: -16,Device or resource busy
dmesg shows:
[ +0.080973] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[ +0.000025] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[ +0.021800] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[ +0.000026] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
[ +0.045411] sr 1:0:0:0: [sr0] scsi3-mmc drive: 24x/24x writer dvd-ram cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
[ +0.000026] cdrom: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.20
[ +0.001711] usbcore: registered new interface driver uas
[ +0.001847] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: ASoC: CODEC DAI pcm512x-hifi not registered
[ +0.000028] snd-rpi-hifiberry-dacplus sound: snd_soc_register_card() failed: -517
But aplay -l correctly shows:
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: sndrpihifiberry [snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus], device 0: HiFiBerry DAC+ HiFi pcm512x-hifi-0
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Adding dtparam=audio=off to /boot/config, rebooting and selecting IQaudIODAC Analog from Kodi settings freezes my system instantly. If the DAC is selected before reboot, the system freezes at the OSMC logo.

Usings a fresh install of January 2016 image, installed with OSMC installer. Raspberry Pi B+ with IQaudIO DAC+.

EDIT: Somehow there was two dtoverlay entries in config.txt. When I removed the line dtoverlay=lirc-rpi it began working.