I’ve just discovered how to solve the very annoying issue regarding the black screen after the boot splash screen!
I spent 3 days trying to solve this, trying almost every single suggestion in the OSMC and LibreELEC forums and that’s how I was able to do it:
- Download the
2023.08-1release of OSMC on your PC
You only need to do this step if you only have a composite TV to work with. If you have an HDMI-capable screen, you can temporarily connect your Raspberry Pi to it for now! This is only so that you can see when the loading ends and avoid corruption if you remove the SD card before it finishes
- Flash it on an SD card and edit the following files:
Add the following lines:
Add a space and add this line right after the code that’s already in there (DO NOT ADD AN ADDITIONAL LINE WITH ENTER! When I did this, it stopped working for me):
- After that’s all done, insert the SD card into your Raspberry Pi and you’ll see the OSMC loading screen. Wait until it’s all done!
- Now that the loading is complete the Raspberry Pi will reboot and you’ll get a black screen right after the splash screen, but don’t worry! We’ll fix it now.
- Remove the SD card from the Raspberry Pi and insert it into your PC
- You’ll again have to change some files:
#right before the first line of the
[all]section on the code. It’ll look just like this:
[all] #dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 dtoverlay= disable_overscan=1 disable_fw_kms_setup=1 disable_overscan=1 start_x=1 disable_splash=1 disable_fw_kms_setup=1 hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1 include config-user.txt
Add the following lines:
display_auto_detect=1 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-384,composite=1 dtoverlay=audio=on dtparam=audio=on
The exact same changes as before! Add a space and add this line right after the code that’s already in there (DO NOT ADD AN ADDITIONAL LINE WITH ENTER! When I did this, it stopped working for me):
- Insert the SD card back into the Raspberry Pi and presto! You should be getting a composite output!
Here are the links that helped me get this result:
- Stuck on splash screen after editing /flash/config.txt for composite output CRT
- Raspberry composite output
- Raspberry Pi Documentation
- Is Composite Video still supported in OSMC on Pi?
- Trying to boot Pi 4 via composite - Stuck on splash - #14 by hearnia_2k
- RPi3a+ new install boots to sad face
- RPi2 composite failure
- [Testing] Raspberry Pi 3 USB stopped working after composite devel upgrade
- No audio device present but hdmi video snd_bcm2835
- No 3.5mm analogue audio output option, since latest update, Pi 3B
I hope I was able to help English is not my first language so please correct me if I said something wrong here